Seymour Duncan SSL-1 California 50's Strat Single Coil 3-piece Pickup Set - White
Our Vintage Staggered for Stratocaster pickups (SSL-1) use hand-ground alnico 5 rod magnets and heavy Formvar mag wire with a special wind pattern to produce that bright, glassy, bell tone with all of the bounce and sparkle you would expect from the best Strat pickups from the 50s. The treble attack is crisp and immediate, while the low end remains articulate and focused. Chords ring out with clear note-to-note separation.
The three pickup combination includes a standard wound neck and bridge pickup, and an RWRP, reverse wind reverse polarity, middle pickup for noise cancellation in the in-between positions. Since 1978, we’ve been building all our vintage Fender style single coil pickups with the right color and thickness of Forbon flatwork, along with the period correct magnet stagger. Each pickup comes complete with waxed and tinned cloth pushback hook-up wires and traditional keyed bottom plate. We hand file the flatwork, assemble, and lacquer the bobbin just as it was done during Fender’s Golden Age.
The Vintage Staggered for Strat pickups are hand built in Santa Barbara, CA and are potted in our wax formulation for squeal free performance. These vintage output Strat pickups are available with either a right or left-handed pole piece stagger, and are available for 6 and 7-string guitars.
- Neck/Middle/Bridge position models will have the same output, wind direction and magnetic polarity.
- Middle RwRP position (reverse wind/reverse polarity) – choose this to have a pickup that will be hum-cancelling with one of our neck or bridge models.
- All sets, except the Jimi Hendrix signature model, come with a Middle RWRP as the Middle Pickup.
- Left- for some models with vintage staggered pole pieces, we offer a left-handed option. The stagger will be reversed for left-handed players
- Magnet Material:Alnico V
- Position:Complete Set
- Number of Conductors:2 wire
- DC Resistance:6.5K
- Number of Strings:6
- Manufacturer Part Number:11208-01